The La Bombonera is an association football stadium, locating in La Boca, Buenos Aires and with a capacity of 49,000. La Bombonera means “The chocolate box” in English. The chocolate box is known for its unique shape – one flat stand and three steep stands. It is the property of a top football club Boca Juniors in Argentina. This novel design produced a superb acoustic effects, which are far better than other football stadiums.
Although there is a small football pitch in the minimum size under FIFA’s related standards. Both interior and exterior of the grand football stadium are adorned by murals, which include various famous and legendary footballers and some pictures reflecting local culture. Many matches of national team has been hold at the football stadium, including preliminaries of the FIFA World Cup. The football team has participated in many competitions from the 1920s to the mid-1970s. After football stadium’s renovation, Argentina Football Association (AFA) has hold numerous competitions at the football stadium.
José Amalfitani Stadium is located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in the vicinity of Liniers railway station. It is widely taken as a famous football stadium of Argentina. Many home competitions of the Argentine Primera División club Vélez Sársfield were hold at the football stadium. The original wood stadium was built from 1941 to 1943 while today’s facility was built with cement from 1947 to 1951. In order to host the 1978 FIFA World Cup successfully, the old football stadium was refurbished after 26 years.
The football stadium can accommodate 49,540 spectators at a time, but it will not provide seats for all spectators as other football stadiums in Argentina. Prior to purchase a plot to build the José Amalfitani Stadium, Vélez Sársfield hosted their home competitions on a rented football pitch, in the vicinity of Villa Luro. Due to relegation from the Argentine Primera División, Vélez was not quality enough to rent the football pitch. Although the conditions for construction were difficult, the president led the construction project at the site. Finally, the stadium opened on Apr. 11, 1943.